- AudioTool : Produce music online. Audiotool is a powerful online music production studio right in your browser. I suggest starting with the first video tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ZidpccAwk. Then, to create your own tracks, go back to the link listed on Mrs. Werth's website, scroll down a little and click on "Start Creating" to try it out.
- Band-Adults-River Winds Concert Band : A community band based in Bothell. Julie is principal clarinet. Husband, John, is the conductor.
- Band-Adults-Seattle Wind Symphony
- Band-Adults-Washington Wind Symphony : Performs at Redmond High School
- Band-Youth-Eastside Youth Concert Band : A concert band for advanced players, which rehearses in Issaquah.
- Brahms-Sonata 1 - mvt. 1 & 2 - Karl Leister : Brahms Sonata No. 1 in F minor for clarinet and piano, Op. 120 No. 1 - I & II
- Brahms-Sonata 1 - mvt. 3 & 4 - Karl Leister : Brahms Sonata No. 1 in F minor for clarinet and piano, Op. 120 No. 1 - III & IV (movement 4 is at minute 4:10). The beginning of mvt. 4 is an audition piece for the 2020-2021 All-State Honor Band.
- Brahms-Sonata 2 - Harold Wright, clarinet : The famous clarinetist, Harold Wright, playing one of my favorites.
- Clarinet Info-famous clarinetists - brief biographies and pictures : Get to know famous clarinetists - from history and current. Then, enjoy listening to them.
- Clarinetissimo : Clarinetissimo, is a highly recommended 2-day clarinet festival at Seattle Pacific University every October. Performances, masterclasses, sales, classes. See more info on my calendar and through the link.
- Debussy-The Maid with the Flaxen Hair, Richard Stoltzman, clarinet : Richard Stoltzman is an American clarinetist who plays classical music, new age and other styles of music. I've enjoyed many of his recordings and have attended several of his live recitals. He is a little controversial because of his vibrato, which is traditionally not used in classical clarinet playing.
- Duvernoy Conc.# 3, Mvt 1, 2 - Peng-Yu Chen, clarinetist : Peng-Yu Chen, clarinetist, playing Charles Duvernoy's Concerto No. 3, Movements 1 and 2 (Romance and Polonaise). Keiko Kurachi, pianist. Performed in a clarinet class given by clarinetist Guy Dangain.
- Games - Flashcards-note names, key signature, triads,... : Younger students will benefit from trying to get fast naming the notes. Middle school and high school students - try key signatures (helpful for memorizing scales), triads and intervals. See Mrs. Werth for getting started on triads and intervals.
- Games - Just for fun - Yoda's Jedi Training : Not a music game, but it has great Star Wars music to listen to while you play. I got distracted listening, and my Jedi fell off a cliff!
- Kinan Azmeh, Syrian clarinetist, "After Bela" : Kinan Azmeh, clarinetist (Syrian) - http://kinanazmeh.com/.
Dinuk Wijeratne, piano/composer (Sri Lankan) - http://www.dinukwijeratne.com/.
Another recording: (including Mayookh Bhaumik, tabla):
- Klezmer clarinet-Bottle Dance from "The Fiddler on the Roof" : Famous clarinet solo in the musical/movie, Fiddler on the Roof. See Mrs. Werth if you would like a copy of the clarinet part.
- Klezmer style clarinet-Barcelona Gipsy Balkan Orch. : Clarinetist - Joaquin Sanchez.
This group used to be the Barcelona Gipsy Klezmer Orchestra (with a different clarinetist)
- Klezmer style clarinet-Barcelona Gipsy Klezmer Orch. : Clarinetist, Robindro Nikolic ?
New name for this group is Barcelona Gipsy Balkan Orchestra. They now have a different clarinetist
- Mozart Clar. Concerto - Wonkak Kim, basset clarinet, Univ of Oregon clarinet professor : University of Oregon's clarinet professor. Tyler Roberts, a music major from this studio, studied with him in college. Prof. Kim is playing on an extended clarinet, called the basset clarinet. Mozart actually wrote the concerto for this instrument. Changes had to be made so that it can be played on the modern clarinet that doesn't have as low of a range.
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto - David Shifrin, basset clarinet : Mvt. 1. Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra, Gerard Schwartz, conductor. David Shifrin performs the Mozart Concerto on basset clarinet, the instrument for which the concerto was originally written. Basset clarinet is an extended A clarinet which goes down to low C. Personal note - I designed the brochure for a University of Oregon Shifrin master class, using the same photo as this CD. At the master class, I played one of the Paris Conservatory Solo de Concours.
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto - Karl Leister, clarinet-mvt 1 : Karl Leister, principal clarinet of the Berlin Philharmonic, was considered the best clarinetist in the world during his life. Here he plays with the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Sir Neville Marriner, conductor. This recording has better recording quality than the Berlin Philharmonic recording.
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto - Karl Leister, clarinet-mvt II : Berlin Philharmonic, Herbert von Karajan, conductor. Leister, principal clarinet of the Berlin Philharmonic, was considered the best clarinetist in the world during his life. The Berlin Philharmonic and von Karajan were also said to be the best in the world. Movement I, with the same orchestra, is available, but has bad sound quality.
- Mozart Clarinet Concerto - Karl Leister, clarinet-mvt III : with the Berlin Philharmonic, Herbert von Karajan, conductor.
- Octocontralto Clarinet : You have to listen to this!
- Orchestra-Youth-Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestras : Clarinets are included in four different orchestras, at different levels.
- Orchestra-Youth-Seattle Youth Symphony Orchestras : Clarinets are included in four different orchestras, at different levels.
- Poulenc-Clarinet Sonata - Karl Leister, clarinetist : Exquisite recording .Listen to the famous clarinetist, Karl Leister, play this contemporary, fun but challenging, piece. He is playing with the, also famous, pianist and conductor, James Levine.
- Rabaud-Solo de Concours, Han Kim, age 11, clarinetist : Han Kim's debut recital at age 11. There are many pieces called Solo de Concours, which means "solo of the contest." The Paris Conservatory has sponsored these contests for many years.
- Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight of the Bumblebee, Julian Bliss, clarinetist : Julian Bliss was a child prodigy (and is still a young man), who was born in the U.K. He studied clarinet at the University of Indiana, and also with the great Sabine Meyer in Germany. Personal note - our dog, Nick's, official name is Flight of the Bumblebee. We call him Nick because the composer is Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. Look up Julian's performance at age 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY57deAbYsE. His current website is http://www.julianbliss.com/.
- Rossini-Del Periglio Al Fero Aspetto (Aria from Maometto II) - Sharon Cam, clarinetist : Sharon Kam's website is http://www.sharonkam.de/.
She is also a Mozart expert. This is a video of her playing the slow movement of the Mozart Clarinet Quintet (clarinet plus string quartet), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKGJr0w5tZY. Notice how similar it is to the slow movement of the Mozart Clarinet Concerto.
- Rossini-Intro, Theme & Variations-excerpts-Ann Lepage (teenager?), clar. : Ann Lepage plays excerpts of Rossini's extremely challenging "Introduction, Theme and Variations. " I would guess that Ann is a teenager. The recording isn't perfect, but is very impressive. Pianist Shoko Gamo.
- Saint Saens Clarinet Sonata, movement 1, Alexey Gorokholinsky, clarinet : Marina Gorokholinsky - piano. The beginning is an audition piece for the 2020-2021 High School All-State Honor Band.
- Saint Saens Clarinet Sonata, movement 2, Alexander Vasilyev clarinetist : This beginning of this movement is required for the 2019-2020 high school All-State audition.
- Schumann Fantasy Pieces-Han Kim, 12 years old
- Stamitz, Carl - Clarinet Concerto No. 3 - Sabine Meyer : Carl Stamitz lived from 1745 to 1801 (Classical Era) and was German. In this recording, Sabine Meyer adds an unusual amount of improvisation to Stamitz's concerto. Musicians did this in the Baroque and Classical eras, but modern listeners are not used to it. The Academy of St. Martin in the Fields orchestra accompanies her.
- Union Hill Winds : More information about Union Hill Winds clarinet lessons and band instrument repair, including equipment and repertoire.
- Washington Music Educators Association (WMEA) : See Student Events for information on honor bands.
- Weber-Concertino, Sean Osborn, Seattle clarinetist : This piece is a must for all upper high school clarinetists. Sean Osborn, formerly of the Metropolitan Opera (the Met), is now a free-lance Seattle clarinetist. A free-lance player is someone who takes individual jobs, playing for various groups. Sean also sponsors the yearly Clarinetissimo convention in Seattle every October (see separate link). Sean's website: www.osbornmusic.com/.
- Weber-Concerto in F minor, No. 1, Sabine Meyer, clarinetist : Sabine Meyer had a role in the rise of women in music. Herbert von Karajan (conductor) chose her for the principal clarinet chair in the Berlin Philharmonic (following the great Karl Leister). She was the first woman ever in the wind section of this famous orchestra. Her fellow orchestra members were not happy about von Karajan choosing a woman. She is now a solo artist, who tours and records solos and chamber music. Her sound is a good example of the German dark clarinet tone that many Americans try to copy. Germans actually play a different type of clarinet, which you can see in her photos.
- Weber-Grand Duo Concertant-mvt 1-David Shifrin, clarinetist : David Shifrin taught clarinet at USC and now at Yale. He has produced many professional recordings.
- Weber-Grand Duo Concertant-mvt 2 - Nicolai Pfeffer, clarinet : Movement II. Andante con moto
With Felix Wahl, piano.
I believe he is playing on a German clarinet.
- Western Invitational Band Clinic - Honor Bands : See "Honor Band Registration and Info" in the center and "Schedule" at the top.